Friday, March 16, 2012

45 hours and counting

It's getting down to the final hours! My daughter is so excited she actually wakes up smiling. I can't explain how epic that is. I'm excited, too, but the day to day stress is overwhelming right now.

Because I'm going to be gone from work for two weeks, I've been trying to cram a month's worth of work into 1 week. I've been staying long hours, so my house is not nearly as clean as I would like. Laundry has piled up, we're out of food (I did that on purpose), I need to do last minute shopping....the list could go on and on. It's a lot more fun being a kid and anticipating a trip than being the adult who actually has to plan for it. :-)

On a positive note, I finally found a baby-sitter for our three bettas. I couldn't stand the thought of them not being fed for 2 weeks. I know some people do that, but that seems so cruel! Yes, even our fish are spoiled.

As I write about this, I can feel the excitement growing. If I'm not careful, I may actually break into giggles and scare my office mate. Almost 44 hours, almost 44 hours.....

1 comment:

  1. Super exciting! Can't wait for news! Have a great time ya'll!

    ReplyDelete